Website Terms & Conditions
Digitread Media’s legal policies contained herein contains the legal agreements for making use of its services and do not alter in any way any other agreement you may have with Digitread Media, its subsidiaries or affiliates. Please read these policies carefully. By accessing or using Digitread Media’s website, you warrant that you are over the age of 18 and are lawfully able to accept legal agreements and agree to be bound by the conditions described herein and by all terms, policies and guidelines incorporated by reference. If you are using Digitread Media’s website on behalf of any entity, you warrant that you are authorised to accept agreements on such entity’s behalf, and that such entity agrees to indemnify Digitread Media for violations of conditions contained herein. If you do not agree to all of the conditions, you are not authorized to use Digitread Media’s website or services offered herein.
LEGAL POLICY CHANGES
Although most changes are likely to be minor, Digitread Media may change its Legal Policies from time to time, and in its sole discretion. Digitread Media encourages visitors to frequently check this section for any changes before using its website. Your continued use of the website after any change will constitute your acceptance of such change.
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Restrictions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Digitread Media’s services may be used only for lawful purposes. This agreement is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- The transmission, distribution, or storage of any material on or through our web server or services in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited.
- Copyright laws will be strictly adhered to. Digitread Media’s website may contain licensed content that may not be copied, downloaded or redistributed without consent. You may not violate intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade secrets.
- You may not misrepresent yourself, your affiliation with any third party or your entity.
- Any misuse of Digitread Media’s resources that disrupts the normal use or operations of our IT systems is strictly prohibited. You will also be held responsible and liable for any and all damages that result from such abuse. Examples of such abuse include, but are not limited to:
- Access or use of Digitread Media’s website / services in any manner that may damage, overburden or disable any of our IT infrastructure;
- Employing applications that consume excessive CPU time, memory or storage space, spawning many processes that consume resources etc.
- You may NOT link directly to any graphics or part of Digitread Media’s website.
- You may not use any device, process or mechanism to monitor, retrieve, search or access Digitread Media’s website or any material without our prior written consent. Any attempts to penetrate Digitread Media’s online, cloud or physical IT security by password filtering, mining hacking etc. will result in prosecution and the subsequent notification of the appropriate law-enforcement and government agencies.
Digitread Media and its licensors own all right, title, and interest in:
- All content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics, or other material contained or maintained on this website (collectively “Website Content”), excluding all User Information.
- The compilation, collection, selection, arrangement, assembly, and coordination of all Website Content available on Digitread Media website is the exclusive property of Digitread Media and its licensors and protected by international copyright laws.
- Except as expressly authorized by Digitread Media, all the Website Content and technology available on its website may be used by you only for your internal business and data-gathering purposes, and only as expressly authorized by Digitread Media or its licensors.
- You may not make, use, sell, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, or create derivative works from this Website Content without expressly being authorized to do so by Digitread Media and its licensors.
Trademarks and Website Services Marks
All pending and/or registered trademarks, Website Service marks, and other graphics, logos, and Website Service names used by Digitread Media on its website to identify the products or services of Digitread Media (collectively the “Company Trademarks”) are the trademarks of Digitread Media. You agree not to use the Company Trademarks in connection with your products or services or any third-party products or services or in any manner that disparages or discredits Digitread Media. All other brands and names (including third-party product names) used on Digitread Media’s website are the property of their respective owners.
The content on Digitread Media’s website was compiled by professionals and is provided in good faith. Although all effort is made to ensure accuracy, errors and omissions may occur. Digitread Media does not warrant that the information and material contained on its website are correct, complete, accurate or up to date; nor does Digitread Media guarantee that the website remains available. In the event of such errors and omissions, Digitread Media will endeavour to correct the affected content as soon as possible. By continuing to use this website, you agree to protect and defend Digitread Media against all claims and liability related to content errors and omissions.
Company Social Media Accounts
Digitread Media operates various social media accounts. By accessing, using and interacting with these accounts, you agree to adhere to legal and socially acceptable behavior. Abusive behavior of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to hate speech, xenophobia, foul language, cyberbullying, defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy. You may NOT use Digitread Media’s social media accounts to promote any other service, website, product, or propaganda.
Digitread Media’s social media accounts offer an opportunity for user-generated content which may not be filtered, edited, or reviewed before being published. User content does not reflect the views and opinions of Digitread Media, our agents and/or affiliates. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Digitread Media shall not be liable for the user content or any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the user content on our social media accounts.
Digitread Media reserves the right to monitor all user content and to remove any content which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes a breach of these terms and conditions.
By choosing to participate or engage on our social media accounts or contribute to user-generated content, you grant Digitread Media a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your contributed content in all forms, formats or media.
Although Digitread Media endeavors to provide accurate and up to date information, which has been furnished by professionals and afforded all effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this website, Digitread Media makes no representation or guarantee in this regard.
Digitread Media, its employees or agents will not be held responsible for inaccurate disclosures, typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, any reliance placed on the information contained within this website or any direct or consequential loss, damages, or expenses incurred as a result thereof.
Rates & Changes
All information and rates are subject to change without notice.
Digitread Media may utilize various methods of communication, including but not limited to, phone, facsimile, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and e-mail.
All communications are considered confidential and privileged, solely intended for the use of the addressee(s), regardless of the form and format of such information. No unauthorized person may access, share, use, distribute, disseminate, copy or disclose such information without expressed permission from all parties involved. If you have received any communication in error, please forward it to [email protected] and destroy all copies of the original message.
Digitread Media does not guarantee electronic or digital communications or channels to be secure, error-free, untampered, uncorrupted, created or originated from unauthorized persons / sources or virus-free. It is important to remember that no system is 100% secure and that information could be intercepted, amended, corrupted, destroyed, lost, incomplete or arrive late. Digitread Media shall not be held responsible for any loss, liability, damage (direct or indirect) and/or any expense that may arise as a result of the use of e-mail by you or any third party.
Opinions, conclusions and other information contained in company communications, including any text messages, memes, videos, attachments or links which do not relate to the official business conducted by Digitread Media, are not necessarily given, supported or endorsed by it.
Neither party to the agreements contained within the Legal Policies shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any such agreement:
- which is due to any event beyond the control of such party, including but not limited to, any Act of God, any form of terrorism and war, riots and unrest, natural disasters or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of such party’s control,
- which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into,
- provided that such party made all reasonable endeavors to comply with its obligations under any agreement contained herein.
Failure of strict performance of any condition under any agreement herein, or the failure of either Party to exercise any of its rights or remedy hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a waiver of the obligations under any agreement, unless expressly stated, agreed upon and signed by both Parties.
Hyperlinking to Our Content
Digitread Media has codified its linking policies and practices and no website may implement unauthorized links to this website outside the scope of the conditions contained herein.
Who May Link Without Permission
Digitread Media gives express permission to high-value and highly reputable websites to link to its website without written permission. These websites include:
- All client websites;
- Government and government agencies’ websites;
- Official/reputable search engines (no link farms or directories);
- Niche and industry-related directories;
- News/Editorial/Information agencies;
- All accredited businesses and organizations;
Websites That May Link Conditionally
Digitread Media welcomes links from other reputable websites, as well as industry-related websites. No written permission is required if such links contain a “no-follower” tag. However, written permission is required to use the Digitread Media logo and/or photos. Link exchanges must be requested in writing to [email protected] and will only be considered from high-quality, industry-related websites where such links will benefit both parties.
Websites That Require Express Permission to Link
Any other links may be considered and approved in Digitread Media’s sole discretion. Such links include:
- General consumer and/or business information sources;
- Consumer and business associations, forums and chapter websites;
- Community and charity websites;
- Online directories and portals;
When linking to Digitread Media’s website, the following conditions apply:
- The link must accurately represent the landing page it is linking to and may not be misleading in any way;
- The link may not imply any fraudulent affiliations, sponsorships, endorsements, approval etc.
- The link must be clearly styled, visible and fit within the context of the linking party’s website and may not form part of a link farm, linking directory or random links list.
- Links may not reflect unfavourably on Digitread Media and/or its affiliations.
- Links must use of our corporate name and contain the secure (https://) web address to this website.
- No use of Digitread Media’s logo or other artwork will be allowed without written permission or license agreement.
Types of Websites NOT Allowed to Link
- Any entity of questionable reputation or representing inherently suspect types of businesses
- Work-from-home, data capturing opportunities, pyramid schemes and MLM opportunities
- Adult-only websites
- Websites containing pornographic materials, malware, viruses and other objectionable content
- Link farms
Link requests must be sent to [email protected] and must include a contact name, the organization name, contact number, e-mail address and the URL of the linking website. Please allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Generally, this website may not be used in iframes without written permission. No website or app may create frames around this website’s webpages or use any alternative techniques that breaks its encryption, alter the functionality, visual presentation or appearance of this website.
Reservation of Rights
Digitread Media reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, request the removal of any or all links to its website. You agree to immediately remove all links to Digitread Media’s website upon such request. Digitread Media reserves the right to amend its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to this website, you agree to be bound to and abide by this linking policy and review its contents and changes from time to time.
Removal of Links from Our Website
All effort is being taken to ensure the use of high-quality and resourceful links on Digitread Media’s website. It is, however, not feasible to monitor such links once it has been vetted. Should you find any link on our website that directs to objectionable content, you may contact us for removal at [email protected]. Similarly, should you wish to request a link removal of your website from this website, you may contact Digitread Media. Although Digitread Media may consider requests to remove links from its website, it will do so in its sole discretion and will have no obligation to act or respond.